Sunday, March 25, 2007

9 months, habit breaking, goals, pride, and the like.

So as of right now, being that it is after midnight, Anthony and I have shared 9 magical months together. I am a little shocked at how long it's been because it really still feels very new to me. I think it's because it is so different than any other relationship in my life that I have ever had. In the past, I have been in relationships with people, romantic or not, that have not came close to meeting my needs. This relationship meets my needs and also helps me meet another's needs. Anthony and I really compliment each other in many ways. We really add happiness and fulfillment to each other and I pray for each and every day I get with him. I am happy for each moment. My new goal is to make sure I realize that and make him realize it daily.

Some old habits are having to make their way out of my life. In the last several years I have gone through some really rough growth patches but have always come out better on the other side. This is another one of those times. I am ready to go into some growth and it WILL be difficult. There is a list of things I really want to work on and they are massive to my growth, passions, and dreams. Here is a brief list of what I want to work on in this "season" of my life.

1. Attending church regularly
2. Being a financial ADULT
3. Being a person who cares about herself in every facet.
4. Using less manipulation in my life.
5. Being able to tolerate Anxiety.
6. Being able to communicate in conflict better.
7. Being grateful for all things.
8. Not complaining so much.
9. Being a much better friend.
10. Cutting out bad habits more and more each day.

Today, Anthony and I had a lovely day. We went up to Los Angeles to Westwood Memorial Park where Marilyn Monroe is buried. There are several other stars buried there so we walked around for a bit and just enjoyed a beautiful day in a peaceful place. After that we went to a little hot dog place and tried a new hot dog. We are both a bit passionate about a good dog! We had a great day and took a few pictures!

Life is really good but also a bit hard looking at yourself and working on growth. I hope you are all doing wonderfully. Have a great week!

--Erica--

No comments: