Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Discipline continued and other news

So Anthony and I have been husband and wife for 11 days today. We got married on August 9th in Las Vegas which was planned for about 2 months. We had a really beautiful ceremony and moreso are really working toward a beautiful marriage. Every night we spend time going through the Four A's which are affirmation, affection, apologies, and Amen (asking for prayer), we are praying together and working through a devotion we got for a wedding gift. God is really moving in our lives and teaching us great lessons through our marriage.

I see Anthony growing so much and I hope he sees the same in me. We are excited to be married but also realize that we have to constantly keep our relationship centered in Christ if we want it to be blessed, happy, and strong. A cord of three strands is not easily broken after all.

Britt was here for two weeks from August 4-18 and it was a blast having her here. We watched a ton of movies, went to Ripley's Believe it or not, enjoyed Vegas together, had coldstone and Joe's Crab Shack, went clearance shopping, made cupcakes, had my birthday party, and all kinds of other things. She went home on Monday of this week and I miss her terribly! I will most likely be going home in October though so only a few months until we can hang out again.

Discipline has not been going so well in August due to the wedding, birthday, and having a houseguest so I am back on track today and working toward getting my goals for the day done. Those are keeping the kitchen cleaned and working out mostly as well as hearing God's word in some form or fashion. I am making small steps because when I have made radical ones in the past, it hasn't lasted. I want lasting change in my life so I am working slowly and taking small bites.

I will write again tomorrow most likely and update on my progress. God help me!

No comments: