Friday, July 06, 2007

Be a lady, wait for the flush.

Have you ever been in a public bathroom and because you don't want anyone to hear your unladylike noises, you wait for someone to flush in order to relieve yourself of any noise? I sure have. I was in Target yesterday, waiting patiently for the flush when I realized that God had a lesson for me to learn in this. He continued the lesson today through his word in Romans 2. The lesson I learned yesterday was that maybe we should treat our "good deeds" as those unladylike noises. Maybe we should only do them when there is a flush and noone knows it was us. So often in my life, I toot my own horn. (no pun intended but frickin hilarious) I make sure Anthony knows when I washed his shirt, drove him to work, paid his bills, ran to the store for him or whatever it is my lovely man needed done by his super woman. I never miss a chance to list the amazing tasks that I do for everyone and I certainly don't let anyone go without knowing that I adopted a little girl with world vision from Africa. How sad that I don't want anyone to hear that I am a human with biological needs but I sure don't mind being a big hypocrite and showing my backside as a Christian.

The other lesson God taught me today was in the other direction. How often have I told Anthony that he didn't pick up his clothes just to come back to the house and see pink underwear in the floor, which I know aren't his? How often have I told him to make sure and get up on time just to have my alarm go off 3 times before heaving my lazy giant butt out of the bed? How many lectures has he gotten on thanking me just to go hours without a thank you to the vacuuming of my car he didn't have to do? I am ashamed of my hypocrisy today. I have apologized to Anthony and I really hope that I am going to start seeing myself more realistically soon because I do NOT have it together! I suck!

Verse of the day:

But he is a Jew who is one inwardly and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the spirit, not by the letter, and his praise is not from men but from God!

Romans 2:29.

(I stand corrected)

Wait for the flush people...and get that log out of your own eye first (my puns are killing me today and yes..I like bathroom humor)

No comments: