Monday, July 02, 2007

Heading into July fully strong.

Hey everyone, last weeks illness was nothing according to my doctor and it was just a little drainage of the sinuses. He didn't prescribe anything so that's good. I already feel entirely overmedicated. This weekend we went to see this movie at Metro Pointe that was probably the most disturbing movie I have seen since Saw III. It was "1408" with John Cusack. It was a horror/psychological thriller and it was very scary if you ask me. On Sunday, Anthony and I went up to Los Angeles to pick up a check from his Aunt LoLo's house and ended up spending the rest of our day on Hollywood Blvd. We went to the Roosevelt Hotel, which I had never been to and then to the Hollywood History Museum. The museum is housed at the old Max Factor building and to be honest, it wasn't half bad. I don't know if it was worth the $15 we paid in admission per ticket but it was pretty good. They had a whole room practically dedicated to Marilyn Monroe and since I am a huge fan, I loved it.

Other cool items in the museum were the ruby slippers from "Wizard of Oz," the prison set from "Silence of the Lambs," and the actual make up rooms that were used to prepare Lucille Ball, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Lana Turner, etc.. for movies. It was really interesting and they had a lot of interesting little tidbits for people interested in old Hollywood. I am more interested in old Hollywood than the new version of eating disorders that we call celebs. It was pretty fun.

Last night we picked up my favorite take out, The Old Spaghetti Factory and watched a classic "National Lampoon's Vacation." It was awesome and when I went to bed last night, I felt like my weekend was restful and eventful at the same time. This morning I woke up to a to-do list as long as me but with renewed strength knowing I would accomplish all of my goals today. Christopher starts Football camp today and he is continuing in summer school so I have the day open to myself to do the things I need to do. I am really working on being healthy diabetically speaking lately and my blood sugars are so much better and I can't wait to take my next blood test and see a vast improvement in my hemoglobin A1C and know that my overall health is benefiting from it.

In other news, on Saturday I attended a wedding for a person I really respect and like. I was actually the guest of someone else who was invited and I myself was not invited. However, I am really glad that I went to this wedding because it felt REAL. I don't know how to explain that but the love that was shared at this wedding was moving. It made me like weddings again and I was fantasizing about the day I will be Mrs. Lewis. After the wedding, Anthony, Heather, and myself all went to California Pizza Kitchen and had a lovely dinner together. Nothing like my two favorite California people and a wedding to make the day amazing.

Anyway, I should get started on the day and get things accomplished. Off to the bank, gym, grocery store and various other exciting locations. Have a lovely day!

--Erica--

No comments: