Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Addicted to sin, not a good place to be.

I read in my Bible today about being a slave to sin and I think in today's language it probably should read being addicted to sin. In the dictionary, addiction is defined as; "compulsion or overpowering urge to use a substance, regardless of potential or actual harm." In saying this, I am addicted to one of my sins so much so that I have to take it to God daily if I am going to stop it for a 24 hour period. How sad as I pray for Self Control God is just hoping I will ask for God Control. I know now that I have no power over this particular thing in my life. I need to recite out of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous like "I have no power over ____! It really saddens me to think I have NO control over it but it makes me happy that my God does.

Please agree in prayer with me about my addiction and I hope that you find the place of God Control.

--Erica--

No comments: