Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day #1: Happiness

Happiness

Sometimes I wonder if people really understand the word happiness. Here is Webster's definition:

1. Good Fortune. 2. A state of well-being and contentment. 3. A pleasurable or satisfying experience.

The weird thing is, I don't attribute happiness to either #1 or #3. It is all "A state of well-being and contentment" to me. I have had a lot of misfortune that could have derailed my happiness but I haven't let it. Also, my every day is not always a pleasurable or satisfying experience but I am still filled with happiness. I think if more people would focus on their well-being and contentment instead of looking for the next pleasurable or satisfying experience to come, they would be happier. Also, I think that people are too caught up in having good fortune (everything falling into place) in order to maintain their happiness. My happiness exists in a few different factors.

  • My happiness is due to my relationship with Jesus Christ. I have joy that is beyond my understanding at times due to HIS love.
  • My happiness comes from having the love of my husband. His love brings me contentment and makes me feel safe. Those are two very important parts of happiness for me.
  • Happiness is knowing that God blessed me with two little ones. One of them is in Heaven but I still enjoyed every pregnant moment and Max who I have been blessed to have almost 6 months already. Every day that I can look into his face, I am truly happy!
Happiness for me is filled with pictures of those I love and cherish. Happiness is not about how my day goes or how many experiences were pleasurable. It is about WHO is in my life!

I chose a picture that I believe that you can SEE happiness on me. Me and My boy! 


No comments: