Friday, September 12, 2008

I am a Knit Wit!


So lately I have been learning a new craft and if you read our Lewis Family Blog then you know that we are knitting now. I have been doing it for about 3 days and I have quite a bit done on my scarf. I am going to load pictures up through the progression and I would ask you to remember that this is my FIRST project. Also, I am not entirely craft minded so this is a huge step for me to even take this on. Academics have always come easily to me but crafts, art, creativity, etc... has always been my downfall.

I am learning so much from knitting. I am learning to relax and be still. I am learning patience as it is something I have to learn and practice. I am learning self grace as I know this is challenging for me and I don't excel at it right now and that is a huge issue for me normally. It's also a bonding experience between me and my husband because he is really creative, artistic, and crafty and he taught me how to do it by learning it himself. He is enjoying it too and he is secure enough to say so!

Anyway, I just wanted to share what is new in my life and say Congratulations to my beautiful friends Jamie and Brent Barnett who just welcomed their first child into the world. Thier son, Corban Azariah Barnett was born on Sunday September 7th at 3:45 am. He is gorgeous and I am so happy for them! Congrats Barnett Family! :)

--Erica Lewis--

1 comment:

Casey said...

Thanks Erica! Im glad to find some familiar faces on here! Im still learning how to use this thing....how do I "Follow" your blogs? I cant find the link on your pages to do so. Yay for blogging, i really like it!