Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I am learning to Knit


Yes, you read right. I have decided to learn to knit. I always am so impressed by people who do arts and crafts who are actually good at these things. I have no patience to learn a new skill sometimes because I feel inadequate and stupid when it doesn't come easy to me. All of my life art projects and things of this nature have been a sore on my behind. When I was about 20 I decided to start scrapbooking and I finally found something I enjoyed and was pretty good at. Now, I love scrapping and I can make homemade cards and do a few other things but I still have difficulty with anything involving my fine motor skills.

So, tonight I had my mind fixed on learning how to Knit. Anthony and I picked up yarn and knitting needles and a book and sure enough, we have started to knit. The only reason Anthony is even doing this is to learn so he can teach me. I have no patience and he has all the patience in the world to teach me things. I love my husband so much as he sits in front of youtube videos and searches out directions on knitting with blue knitting needles and pink yarn all because his wife wants to learn to do this! This man loves me so much. How did I get so lucky?

Anyway, pray that this all works out and I learn this. I want to be posting progress of my projects as I learn! I am proud of myself for even challenging myself in such a manner. Oh crafts, why are they so hard for me yet I want to be so good at them?!

No comments: