Monday, February 06, 2006

Communication and how much better it is.

As everyone that reads this blog knows, I was in a VERY long relationship at one point in my life and a lot of times, I think it was time wasted but I am learning...it just wasn't. I have learned that the time I spent with Adolfo and the relationship that we had was there for a reason. I learned so much about men, communication, and mostly how to love. I know that with Adolfo I made more mistakes than really should have been accepted but either way I truly learned. Someone in my life recently said that this is where the rubber meets the road. They weren't kidding.

I am a girlfriend for the first time in 2 years and it's true, I really did learn. I am completely confident that much of what I went through with Adolfo is going to serve me well in my new relationship. I can honestly say this is the happiest I have been with a man in 3-4 years so I want to do this correctly. I want to love Avery the way he needs to be loved. I want to pay him enough attention, not be demanding, give him what he needs, and communicate effectively. I think that these things are coming out of me because of growth from old wounds.

Today I am going to compare this to weight lifting. When you decide to start weight lifting, the first of it is painful and makes you sore for so long. You obviously love the pain of weight lifting but try to forget that for this analogy. Anyway, the more you do the weight lifting, the stronger you are. Well, that's the same with this. That first long relationship hurt me and left me very sore. I am so strong now though and I am able to lift more weight than ever. I am able to love better and stronger.

Anyway, I thought I would just jot down my thoughts on growth today so that I can look back in a year and see I have grown even more. I know that I will.

Avery, it's been so fun and I can't wait to hang out with you this week and get closer and stronger together. You are a gem and I am so glad that I can bring anything to this new relationship!

Have a great day everyone and God bless you! Also, congrats to all you Steelers fans...I knew it was gonna be them!

~E~

No comments: