Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Contentment

Today I was sitting at my desk at work and thinking about how I am pretty content right now. Contentment is defined as " a happiness with one's condition and situation in life, or the state of being satisfied." Now that sounds like a very rash statement to make considering the world we live in but today, I am truly content. I was thinking about how I have a great God that always takes care of me regardless of the situation, great friends who love me and care about my life, great co-workers and bosses who are considerate and caring, and a family I love that loves me back. My life hasn't always been peaches and it's not today either but I know this, I am truly content.

You might be thinking, "But Erica, you don't have a husband, children, your career yet, a brand new car, a house of your own, and the list goes on" To that I respond, I have all that I need in my life today. I truly believe that I am in a season of my life where I am yearning for all God has to teach me. I am not yearning for all he has to give me. I know that one day I will have a beautiful, intelligent, handsome, adorable man of God to share my life with. I know that one day I will have a child or children that I love and adore. I know that one day I will be a successful therapist who helps heals people daily. I know I will have all that I need one day but today, I have all that I need for May 3, 2005!

Yesterday I made the step to get back into counseling. I am looking forward to meeting with a therapist and figuring out a few steps of things I have learned from dealing with this eating disorder. I am also trying to find a sponsor in OA and take that very seriously right now. I am also forging ahead with plans to go home in the middle of this month. Britt, my lil'est sister, graduates high school on May 20th. Please send her an email at Pinkybh18@aol.com when you see this and tell her congrats! I am so incredibly proud of her and I am getting the amazing blessing of getting to see her walk when I go home. I will be in Indiana for about 5 days with my family which isn't a lot but more than I can hope for.

I am in the midst of planning a few other trips this summer. I plan on taking a few weekends and going up to see my friend Heather in Northern California. I am also heading to Colorado in July to see my friend Josh. I am also planning a few little excursions like a cruise to Mexico. God is so amazing to allow these things in my life every day. I am a very blessed and ultra content girl today!

How I wish I always saw God moving in my life when he clearly is. I am praying for that right now, to really see God when he is present and moving. God, you are truly amazing!!

Well, I should get going but have a spectacular day today all. I love you all so very much!

~Mosoltov~

No comments: