Thursday, January 26, 2012

Screaming doesn't seem like enough!

So last night I was sitting with my Iphone playing my games (which I love) such as Words with Friends and my new favorite, Scramble with Friends when I noticed something and had to capture a screen shot. Here it is...




If you look at the bottom of the picture you will see an ad on the screen that says "Track Your Boyfriend Now Using His Cell Phone GPS."

Are you serious? Are we really encouraging women (or men for that matter) to use their boyfriend's cell phone GPS to find out where they are. Unless he has been missing for over 48 hours and you expect foul play, this should not be something that is encouraged. I am not even sure where to begin this rant. Should I start with the obvious violation of privacy or should I go straight for the whole conversation about "if you don't trust him, perhaps don't date him?" It's perplexing even for me, an avid ranter.

There is a verse in the Bible that comes to my head when I think about this ridiculous picture and it is...

Matthew 7:6 Do not give dogs what is sacred; Do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they will trample them under their feet and then turn and tear you to pieces.

No offense boys, but any of you ladies out there know a dog or perhaps a pig. That is the man you would be tracking on that GPS so do yourself a favor and do not give him what is sacred or throw him your pearls. If you are confused at this verse, let me break it down for ya!

Pearls are a thing of value...something that is sacred is that which is set apart to be holy. Perhaps the man that you have to track on his GPS is not the man who should be holding things of value or things that are meant to be God's, like your heart.

Now, if this verse part does not affect you...Let me just say...if you are a woman who is tracking someone on GPS to make sure he is where he says he is...You look stupid. I hate to see a bright woman appear stupid. Walk away for your own integrity. We all see you as pathetic when you have to check text messages, drive around to find him and apparently now, TRACK HIM ON GPS.

LEAVE THIS PERSON NOW.

Consider it ranted upon.




No comments: