Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 My favorite year so far!

Hey everyone, I pray that your new year brings you many happy memories and joyous occasions. I titled this post my favorite year ever because I am determined to make it my favorite year no matter what happens. I am trying to learn how to roll with life and find peace and happiness in all things I do. Ever since I started graduate school I have really struggled with my own depression which I fully believe stems from a very unrealistic expectation level and perfectionism that is crippling. I am determined to give that up in 2009. I have been working really hard in my own therapy this year to try to eradicate that part of me that requires me to be perfect or to feel depressed. I refuse to live the rest of my life with that pain. Especially now that I am happily married and moving on toward goals and dreams that are powerful in my life.

I always write my annual resolution post and up to this year, it has been very indicative of my perfectionism and I always fall short and feel horrible so this year I am going to do something different. I am only going to write resolutions for things that are going to better me toward stopping this perfectionism stuff. Here are my resolutions for 2009:

1. Start each day with God; no rules...just seek HIM FIRST!

2. Do something each day that I truly enjoy (Options are endless; reading, puzzles, Wii, dancing, singing, playing guitar, sex (tee hee), scrapbooking, etc...)

3. Connect with my husband in some way each day and let nothing else distract me (no cell phone on, no computer, etc..)

4. Stop procrastinating so that things can be perfect and just do them and take my best as the best that can be.

5. Take care of myself first, my husband second, and everyone else after.

That's it, my five resolutions for the year.

Happy New Year to you!

--Erica--

1 comment:

Terra said...

I am in total agreement with your #3...It is so easy for me to get distracted and not truly connect with Toby or Livvy. Sometimes I catch myself trying to remember what they had on or the last time I gave them a hug...I, too, need to make more of an effort to give those I love the attention they deserve...I'm glad you made me think of this! Happy New Year!