Friday, January 09, 2009

The movie quest


I have always really liked watching movies but I never made the time to do so. I enjoy all types of movies...well except for kung fu movies and I decided it was high time that I did more things that I enjoy so I have started watching movies. I went online and looked through the top movies since 1960 and I have quite the list of movies that I want to see. Then there are of course the list of movies that are guilty pleasures that I just want to see because I am female and enjoy sappy stories and funny characters. My favorite movies are southern movies like Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes, Forrest Gump, Driving Miss Daisy, etc...

I like a story. I like a well developed story with well developed characters. I like drama, passion, quirky characters, and not too fancy graphics. My husband is the exact opposite. He likes superhero movies with great graphics. I like a movie that makes me think. I like a movie that can make me smile, laugh hard, cry, feel overwhelmed, nervous, and makes me think about it for nights and nights later. I like a movie that I can analyze about whether it is for children or not. I like a movie that makes me look at the relationships and marriage and observe patterns.

I just really enjoy cuddling up on my comfy couch these days and taking in a flick. Today, I decided to watch a movie that came out in 2006 starring Heather Graham as Gray Baldwin, Bridget Moynahan as Charlie Kelsey, and Thomas Cavanaugh as Sam Baldwin. The reason I wanted to see it was that Heather Graham plays a really quirky character who likes things a certain way and I am kind of like that. I have differences with the character for certain. If you know the story, there is one obvious difference but I enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

I also love Molly Shannon's humor and she is in this movie as well as a really off beat character. I just love her! There are a lot of really great moments in this movie. I would not recommend it if you are uncomfortable with homosexuality at all. It has a bit of inappropriate content so it's not appropriate for children. I really enjoyed the movie although it is not one you just HAVE to see!

No comments: