Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm holding out for a hero! I miss you Poppa!

Hi everyone. I am sorry that I didn't post yestereday. I had the whole post typed out and the web-site failed and it lost all of my typing and after a full day of work and some money stressors, I couldn't bear re-typing it.

Today is a hard day for 2 reasons. First of all today is the anniversary of my grandfathers death. He died 5 years ago today. It feels like 5 minutes ago to me. He was a lot of things to me but mostly a hero. I have decided to hold out for a hero because I would want to marry a man like my grandpa! Today I am grieving him properly and have finally learned what it is to accept his death. I decided to put a picture of him on my blog today to honor his memory and just remember how special he was to me!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This picture is of both of my grandparents (Nana and Poppa to me). Jetta and "Bus" Briscoe. My grandmother passed away on Christmas Eve of 2002. Poppa obviously passed away on April 8th 2000. My life hasn't been the same since.

Today was a hard day as well because my little sister, Brittany, the other love of my life, was in a car accident. She was actually hit by a deer and it broke her window and it was scary for her. She is ok and does not have any broken bones or serious injuries. She's just sore right now and we'll find out how bad she is tomorrow. Please keep her and my family in your prayers. I love her dearly and I am worried about her.

Well because of sheer exhaustion, I am going to get off her and wrap this thing up. Here are my learning and thankfulness for the last few days:

Learning April 6, 2005:

1. A lot of Jewish people actually don't stay Kosher.

2. It's amazing to be Jewish and holds a lot of history.

3. I love my new job!

4. There is so much for me to learn about me.

5. It's ok to fail sometimes and we just have to get back on the wagon!

Learning April 7, 2005:

1. Sometimes you have to treat yourself to something yummy.

2. I really like artichokes!

3. I don't like when people make billing mistakes.

4. Handling issues is my middle name.

5. God is so stinkin good to me!

Thankfulness April 6, 2005:

I am very thankful that Josh called me from London. I am thankful that I talked to my favorite boy in the world and it was a great talk. I am thankful that I am getting to see Joel this weekend. I am thankful that God is bigger than me and can be trusted.

Thankfulness April 7, 2005:

I am thankful for nice employees at 24 hour fitness who can handle problems effectively. I am also thankful for the wonderful people at Macaroni grill who make those great strawberry desserts. I am mostly thankful for people who make me feel special when I don't. Thank you God ...you are so good!

~Mosoltov~

No comments: