Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr.

Today is a great day in history. It is Martin Luther King Jr's birthday. He would have been 78 years old today had he not been shot. I think it's severely important to remember this great man because he listened to the voice of God and changed my life and several other lives. He fought for what he believed in no matter what it cost him. It ended up costing him his life. How many of us can say we are dedicated to something to that degree? I hope that I am dedicated to several things to that degree. I decided to start today and through February quote a famous African American who has changed history in some way and gave benefit to this great nation. I am proud to date a strong African American man who knows what he wants, how he wants it, and is proud of who he is!

This is one of my favorite quotes...

Of all the needs (there are none imaginary) a lonely child has, the one that must be satisfied, if there is going to be hope and a hope of wholeness, is the unshaken need for an unshakable God. --Maya Angelou, 1970

I think as Christians we all know that our true need is an unshakable God. I know I serve THE unshakable God!!!

Today my plans are to complete some assigned reading, write an essay for Christopher to get into Mater Dei High School, grocery shop, go get Chris from his mom, and watch the golden globes! Have to have some fun in a day full of tasks!

I love you all and will probably write at the end of today! Have a great MLK Day and God bless you!

Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God Almighty We are Free at Last,

--Erica L. King---

No comments: