Thursday, March 17, 2005

missing people is excruciating!

Happy Thursday to you and today's post is not a happy one necessarily but I am not sad so no worries. Lately I have learned the value of people in my life. Missing people is a job I have had to do for 3 years now and beyond. I have lost a lot of people in my life to moves, broken relationships, and the such. I am overwhelmed with this and miss a lot of people. I have always dealt with distance and it's amazing how God trusts me with that. I wonder why he is fashioning me to be so alone in life but I thank him for it as it makes me so much stronger.

I just wanted to write today quickly and tell you all that I miss you. I know I haven't seen a lot of anyone lately so I have to be missing you! I miss talks, walks, outings, dinners, relationships, fun times, serious times, etc... I am just missing my friends and family. I love you all dearly and I am sorry the post is so short today but I thought I would just make it plain and simple. I love you all and miss you to pieces. Here are my learning and thankfulness for yesterday:

Learning March 16, 2005:

1. There is this great teaching supply store in Fountain Valley called Lakeshore Learning Center on Brookhurst...check it out..it's awesome if you have kids!

2. Ritalin is much cheaper than Concerta!

3. I am not really that good about my multiplication tables in the 12's. I don't think I ever learned those well. My school was satisfied through 11's.

4. Reading is really hard for little kids and it's so imperative to spend about 30 minutes in outloud reading a day. It really does increase literacy a great deal.

5. Missing my family is a hard thing for me and I feel very removed from everyone's life. Even my peeps in Cali are feeling far away right now. I feel lost and alone but God is with me!

Thankfulness March 16, 2005:

I am thankful for God's peace. Lately I have had a lot of circumstances where I should be really worried and stressed and normally would be. Luckily I have learned how to trust God and God has placed such amazing people in my path to say "Erica, it's going to be alright and we'll work it out!" I am so strapped financially and God is whispering in my ear that it will be ok. I have seen no evidence of this but I know he is bigger than my circumstances. I love you so much Lord!

~Shalom~

No comments: