Friday, March 25, 2005

My weekend fantasy

When you logged on today and saw the title of the blog you probably thought..."oh great, Erica's perverted sense of humor rears its ugly head.." Nope, today I am keeping it clean. I have a fantasy in my head for this weekend. This week has been rough for me because I am fighting a bit of an illness and haven't been able to work out at all. I was able to take a walk or two but that isn't enough for me. This morning when I woke up, the pain in the left side of my throat had mysteriously jumped to the right side. I have no idea what's going on in my throat but I know it's not good.

Lately I have been trying to remember that I am the most important thing in my life. Without me, there is no life for me! *Yeah I realize that was redundant* So in thinking that, I am going to spend this weekend getting better and taking time out for myself. This is going to include sleeping in if I can manage it, reading atlas shrugged and finishing it, *hopefully* taking walks on the beach, going to the gym and trying to work out and not hurt myself, and working on my scrapbook and playing the piano. Sounds like a relaxing weekend huh?

This morning I had an interview on Lido Island. It's a cute little place in Newport Beach that is just gorgeous and makes me think of a little getaway from it all. It reminds me of Balboa but a little further removed. I had an interview with a guy who works for Prudential Real Estate out of the Newport Beach office. He is a realtor and he needs an assistant. I have done a job close to this before with Richmond Home Loan and although I didn't like some of the aspects of it, I am always in love with organizing and maintaining some balance in someone's life.

This guy's name is Sean and he was super nice. I would be working out of his home office and managing things for the real estate business as well as the other job he does which is slips for Yachts. (Why is Yacht spelled so crazy?) He is looking for someone about 3 days a week to start and that is actually ideal for me. It offers me the income I need to be able to be comfortable again which makes me happy. He had a few others to interview before making a decision but stated before I left that he felt VERY optimistic about me. He is supposed to get back to me either on Monday or Tuesday of next week and let me know. Please keep the prayers coming because I could really use a second income right now!

I also have another option lined up where I am sending my resume and references to another guy who needs an assistant 5 days a week. I am not sure which one God is going to lead me to but either way, I am deeply trusting him for once! I have learned that he really is in control and I know I can fully trust him now. I would really like to have had a position in the field of psychology but God always leads me where he wants me so I have to trust that I am going the right direction.

Today's plans are to take mimi (our cat) to the vet in an hour because she is having breathing problems and then get on with my plans. I want to get Joel's birthday present finished this weekend, work on my piano skills, read a lot, get better, go to the beach, and just relax. For those of you who I haven't told yet, I have decided to take myself out of the "Dating Game" for a while. Some really big issues have sprung up and they make me sad. I am going to go back to just living my life for God and praying for the right man to be in my sphere of influence because dating makes me sick. I don't mean that to offend anyone who I have dated but it's sad to think that the world is made up of these kinds of people. I am just sad about it but I have a life to live on the way through so it's ok.

Well, I should get going for the day but thank you for stopping in and here are my learning and thankfulness for yesterday.

Learning March 24, 2005:

1. There is much to be said for mending fences.

2. I love walking in Balboa and I miss it since I have been sick.

3. I hate a sore throat.

4. A filling in your tooth actually weakens the tooth (hmmmm)

5. The crest spinbrush is amazing.

Thankfulness March 24, 2005:

I am thankful for a great conversation with my old friend Brooke last night. We have been able to catch up a bit and I am finally healthy enough to be friends with her again and I love her to pieces. She is a great girl and has much to offer in a friendship. I just adore her and I am so glad I have her. Thanks God for Brookie and Thanks Brooke for the great talk.

~Shalom~

No comments: