Saturday, March 05, 2005

They moved...at last!

Well folks today is a good day. Not only is it relaxing Saturday but also, it's weigh in day. Today the scales moved (hence the title) and I lost 4 lbs. I weighed in at 237 lbs today. Please keep up the prayers. That and hard work is working! I am very happy about the lost weight and it motivated me to get my butt in gear again!

Things have been really great the last couple of days. On Friday I had the distinct pleasure to share my lunch with Claudia which was great. We had a great talk and it was helpful to me in so many ways. God has placed just the right people in my life for just the right purposes. Claudia is a mentor to me and a great friend. I hope I can always return the friendship to her!

Friday night, I came to a very valid conclusion. I will not be abused in any way in my life anymore. I came across a certain man who chose to use harsh language on me to try to get me to play along with his game. It was really sad and I found that abuse is just not an option. I have severed a relationship with this person completely and have never felt better about a decision in my life. I have learned that unhealthy people will try to take you with them into their unhealthy behaviors and attitudes. They will say hurtful things to try to get you to be on their unhealthy side and I just won't waver this time. I am so happy that God has helped me to shape up my issues so that I recognize when someone is putting undo guilt on me! Hurray God and Atlas Shrugged!

This morning after weighing in 4 lbs lighter, not much could break my spirit. This man tried to contact me again at which point I shut the relationship off and did not bow to his sad low maturity level. It felt so good to walk away a conquerer in Christ. After that I had a great talk with my little sister, a good talk with a new friend and talked to my mama for a bit. I love my family and friends and I am so blessed!

Overall, it's been a good day and a great weekend so far. Keep tuned in and here are my learning and thankfulness for the last few days:

Learning March 3, 2005:

1. I love the Birthday quiz and am going to enact it on everyone I know.

2. Learning Joel is the most interesting thing I have done over the last couple of years.

3. Although there are times where you miss people, it's always best to remember why you left.

4. I really like privacy and when that is invaded, it leaves my day feeling icky.

5. Getting to know myself is sometimes a surprising journey.

Learning March 4, 2005:

1. Seeing weakness in someone you find strong is somewhat relieving.

2. Being able to walk away from a horrible situation is rewarding and inspiring.

3. Knowing how to deal with people maturely and as an adult is priceless.

4. Being healthy is so nice and when you are more healthy, unhealthy people are apparent to you.

5. I always learn so much from Claudia and enjoy our time together.

Thankfulness March 3, 2005:

I am thankful for Joel Forbes. This was his birthday and I am so lucky to have him. I am also thankful that I was able to do the birthday quiz with him and hear some of his insight on life. I am proud of him and continue to learn and love new things about him.

Thankfulness March 4, 2005:

I am thankful for lunch with Claudia. I am thankful that she is always there for me and guides me into truth and comfort. I am thankful that I can share my heart with her and more so learn from her own spirit. I am thankful that God is in the middle of our relationship and I am so happy that he blessed me with her!

~Shalom~

No comments: