Sunday, August 08, 2004

Almost a birthday girl

Hi everyone. I have to be honest with you all, I am completely and utterly bummed on this 24th year. I officially have NO birthday plans tomorrow. I take that back, I do have plans in the day to go to lunch with my library crew. That is a very exciting thing for me because I love my girls (Pam, Heather, and Markita)! This year I am feeling less than prepared for the way my life has turned out. I know that I made a lot of these life changing decisions but ideally, I have no idea where I am going to be next. I have made so many huge choices this last year that I am thrown to the wind, so to speak.

I should note that overall I am very happy with my life. I am happy that I am single again and healthy emotionally. I am happy that I am on my way to my weight goal. I am happy that I just graduated college and am one smart cookie. I am happy that I have a life full of friends who are absolutely amazing people. I am happy that I have role models that are strong intelligent men. I am happy that I have three beautiful women who are priceless to me as friends. I am happy because I am finally developing a positive relationship with my father. I am happy that I have created boundaries this year that have been problems all of my life. I am happy that I have told people things about me this year that have plagued me for many years. I am happy that I am free of the terrible, abusive people that once hurt me daily. I am happy that I have eliminated "friends" who find it necessary to critique everything about me and then say how they love me as a friend. I am happy that I am working for an amazing man with a great kid who I am going to get to influence for the better. I am happy that I have a beautiful house to live in and a warm bed to sleep in. I am happy that I have my sanity through one of the worst years of my life. I am happy that I am not divorced or married at this time. I am happy that I have people I can talk to when my days are hard. I am mostly happy that I now know the kind of person I want to spend my life with.

I know that I said I was bummed but that's why I chose to use this blog today to count my blessings. Upon looking over the last 24 years, I can't help but realize how much God has made of me. I am proud of the woman I am. I am an amazing woman who is strong, honest, dedicated, hard working, loving, passionate, driven, focused, funny, and adorable! I like me and I am glad that 24 years later, I am still kicking!

I just want to take this time to end today's blog with a prayer! I love my God and I am so happy he's in my life this year!

Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for 24 years on this Earth. You have blessed me with so much. I have the greatest friends, family, and environment. You have done immeasurably more than I could ever have imagined. Thank you for my mind to think with. Thank you for the people in my life. Thank you for my good qualities and the bad ones to keep me grounded. Thank you for my health both physical and emotional. Thank you for 6 years with a man I loved and thank you for the years later with a man I will adore! Thank you for freeing me from all that is bad for me. Most of all thank you so much for the people that I love so much. ~Amen~

Guys, let's be serious, if you are reading this I just love you and thanks for sticking with me! You are all so wonderful! This blog is dedicated to you....all of you: Joel, Jarrid, Carrie, Josh, Heather S., Pam, Heather B., Markita, Hannah, Britt, Mom, Dad, Boss, Fazz, Tasha, Dave, and the list goes on. Even you Adolfo! Take care of yourselves everybody and on this Birthday Eve...thanks for the memories! Peace out and ~Shalom~

No comments: