Sunday, February 20, 2005

A first, hmmmm

Yesterday was a good day. I spent much of my morning driving to Corona in the pouring down rain to pick up Christopher. He was supposed to have a birthday party yesterday and I am not sure how that went down. I try to stay out of family affairs. I hated my morning drive but other than that, things went well. I talked to a new person in my life yesterday and enjoyed a very good conversation. We had much in common and I found him sincerely interesting. We talked about 4.5 hours before I noticed how long it had been.

I then decided that I needed to spend some time at the gym. I went and spent a very long just trying out all of the machines and working on different muscle groups. It was fun to see how strong I am in some areas. I am trying to tone my body at the same time as losing fat. I am frustrated with my weight loss journey but I am hoping that with weight lifting I will prompt my metabolism a bit. After the gym, I felt on top of the world.

I then spent another 1.5 hours or so on the phone with the new person again. It was a great talk and we ended it deciding to get together and spend some time together. Last night I hung out with new guy and it was a fun time. I am not sure where it is going to go but nevertheless I had a good night.

Sometimes I realize that I am searching the world over for something that barely exists. I am looking for someone who is intelligent yet silly, sensitive yet masculine, etc...men have a lot to live up to for me. Either way, new boy is doing pretty well. I will update the blog if anything good develops. I have to report, it's been a year since the break-up so I am officially open for relationships again. I have not found anyone that I would like one with necessarily but I am "ready" if you can call it that. Adolfo and I haven't talked in about 2 months and it's so healthy for me to have him out of my life. I don't call him and most days I don't even think about him.

Well, I really need to do about a thousand things today in preparation for my new week but have a great day ya'll and we'll talk soon!

Here are my learning and thankfulness for yesterday:

Learning February 19, 2005:

1. I really like weight training. I love the burn and I love the pain the next day of knowing I am developing muscles.

2. I really like muscles on men! WOO HOO

3. It's been a long time since I have met someone who I could talk with. I like meeting new people to have discussions with.

4. I like my face. It's nice to be able to look in the mirror and feel like I have a cute face when my whole body is a challenge.

5. I like when boys smell good! :)

Thankfulness February 19, 2005:

I am thankful for my family! I love them so much. It's hard for me because they are the only people that REALLY know me. I have grown up with my mom, Hill, Britt, and my grandparents my whole life consistently. I miss my grandparents and wish they were here but I am not about to live in the past. I have my 2 sisters and my mom still backing me. I wish I could feel this way about my other sister and my dad but in time I will build a good relationship, I am sure. Today, I add a picture of my FAMILY! They are adorable. In case you don't know, I am the cute one in glasses :)

~Shalom~

No comments: