Sunday, January 09, 2005

Feeling water logged!

Good afternoon blogging community. Hope this day finds you doing marvelous. I am doing actually pretty good considering the circumstances. My joy finally rests in the Lord. Ok, so the title is "feeling water logged" for a few reasons. If you all are living out in California, you are aware that since I touched down at LAX, it has been raining. I have not seen the sun in days. I was looking forward to coming home and running on the beach and I haven't gotten much exposure to the beach without torrents of rain slapping me in the face. Now, I should note, I really like rain but it is bad for Richard's business, brings gloomy thoughts, and inhibits my exercise plan. I am trying not to complain about it but rather bask in the clean of the Earth. Well, as you can see..I am feeling water logged so I am somewhat complaining. I am also feeling water logged because I am drinking so much water right now. I have a pretty bad kidney infection and no medical insurance so I am trying to water it out of my system. If it doesn't go away in the next week or so, I am going to have to find a way to afford a walk in clinic and some antibiotics. They always just kill me!

I have taken a step today that I thought I would never take and am pretty proud of my behavior. Isn't it funny when you know you are becoming an adult? Kinda scary but humorous nottheless. I chose to tell a certain young man that I was not interested in him because of his aim in my life. It was such a tough thing as he was attractive to me, sweet, and overly focused on me and giving me attention. I am slowly learning the good kind of attention and the poor kind of attention. Overall, God was with me through this decision and I feel better knowing I took those steps to correct it.

Life has been pretty good although a little dark lately. I ended up getting a work out last night regardless of the rain and feel good about that. I am eating well in the new year and obeying as much as possible my new years resolutions. I am proud of the fact that I have made resolutions that are doable and am almost excited for 2006 to see what I accomplish. I know that some of them will even be done this week so you have to be thankful for initiative and all of the things that come with it!

Well, I should post my learning experiences for yesterday and the thing I am thankful to God for ..for yesterday. Enjoy:

Learning January 8, 2005:

1. I watched my first episode of anime yesterday and it was very interesting. The graphics were good, the story line was excellent, and I achieved doing something that I wanted to do. I could easily get to like anime and appreciate it for all that it's worth.

2. The Fender Stratocastor is celebrating it's 50th birthday this month. I should tell you if you don't know, that is the most famous guitar that has ever been made. Jarrid has told me about it but I learned this fact on my very own. Pretty proud of this learning experience.

3. I like lean cuisines personal mushroom and spinach pizza. It's really yummy!

4. When you are really looking, you can see through a person's motive for getting to know you. It's amazing how your eyes open when you think about what you are hearing. I think I am going to attract the right people in the new year!

5. Richard Simmons is still the most annoying creature that ever came to Earth, however, his workouts make me sweat like no others. I love how I feel after "Sweatin to the Oldies" ha ha

What I am thankful for on January 8, 2005:

I am thankful for Christian friends. Christian friends are a novelty that you can't ignore in your life. There are reasons that God says we need to have fellowship with other believers. Last night I was in the depths of despair and questioning God's ability to forgive me or provide for my needs and desires. I wasn't even calling anyone and seeking wisdom but someone called me. Ryan, my new friend, who happens to be a Christian, immediately picked up on my problem and coached me into understanding and remembering God's grace, mercy, and love for me. He told me of things in his life that he had learned, guided me in scripture, and totally helped me to see that what I need might not be what I currently desire after. He was absolutely all that God called him to be last night and I appreciate him and all of my other Christian friends who are willing to stand in the gap for me, guide me and mentor me, and love me with everything that they have! Thank you all for being my friends and thank you God for Ryan at the right time!

Shalom everyone and keep on keeping on in the new year!


No comments: