Sunday, January 23, 2005

A little better today

Hi everyone. I am sorry for the drastic piece of writing that was yesterday's post. I was very discouraged and seriously just wanted to document it because one day I will look back on it, weighing 125 lbs and think, "I did it!" Yesterday I dealt with my saddness in the best way possible. After blogging, I left for the gym and did 3 challening miles on the treadmill. After that I headed home and ate the rest of my pizza because I deserved it and then headed to the beach for another walk, 1 mile at an incline. I feel like I am having the right attitude and that will help me in the long run.

Today I have already been to the gym. I only did one mile as my legs feel all crampy and painful due to the intense workouts I have had this week. Tonight I think I am going to go for a leisurely stroll in Balboa and maybe do a resistance training tape in the comfort of my own home. I love 24 hour fitness and feel like I am going to make a go of this health thing. Basically I grew up in the midwest where being healthy means you only smoke when you're drunk! See, you think I am kidding?!

Anyway, that's me for today. I am kinda frustrated with people today. I find that people are really disrespectful to other people. I choose to be someone who is respector of people. I treat people as I would like to be treated. For that reason, I maintain friendships well. Well, some of my friends are just unthinking and disrespectful. I should note, it's none of you reading this. The person who has wronged me, has no idea about this blog. I am just frustrated with him and hope that now that I have shared my heart with him, he'll know how important it is to respect me and find it a priority in his life. Oh well, I'll get over it!

Anyway, here are my learning and thankfulness for yesterday..enjoy

Learning January 22, 2005:

1. I hate disrespect

2. I really hate when you like someone and the circumstances just don't allow you to be together

3. I really am having doubts that there is a man out there I could marry except the one I think about night and day! :(

4. I love Latin music to run/walk to--it makes me feel sassy ;)

5. I don't like when people settle..including myself

Thankfulness January 22, 2005:

I am thankful for my new friend Kevin. Kevin is a beautiful, intelligent, God-fearing, great man and I am happy to have him in my life. I am not sure what is going to amount out of our relationship but I am sure that I really like having him in my life. He is going to be a huge asset to my character and push me towards greatness which are the kinds of people I really like having around. Kevin is interesting and I can't wait to get to know more about him. Thank God for Kevin and thank you Kevin for blessing me with your presence!

Have a great day everyone and ~Shalom~

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hang in there kiddo! (no disrespect intended). I have some personal experience with the whole weight gain/loss/depression thingy and I know it's a hard slog. It took me the better part of 2 years to lose 100 pounds. You have to set little, incremental goals like 2 pounds per week. And you're going to have set backs. Just be careful of the food/reward thing. That is one of the easiest ways to get off track. I'm going to be checking in on you time to time. I hope you'll keep reporting on your progress. And by the way, I too grew up in the midwest, so I know what you mean about the midwests style of healthy living.

Good luck - dave