Friday, January 21, 2005

Sitting on the dock of the bay!

Today I was driving to my interview in Anaheim and listening to oldies radio because sometimes I do that. I heard a song that many of us will know and it's by Otis Redding. It was a good old song and topped the charts in 1968. Even though it's an old song, I was amazed at how much it reflected exactly what I am feeling today. Here are the lyrics for those of you who don' t remember this oldie but goodie:

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
I left my home in Georgia (Indiana)
Headed for the 'Frisco bay'(Newport Bay)
Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way

So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

Sittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
It's two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home
Now, I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away

Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bayWastin' time(whistle)

See what I mean? This is absolutely like my life. I really do somedays just sit on the docks and watch the tide roll in. My life is so beautiful. I should never complain about lonliness cause it can be a pretty picture! Otis Redding sure painted it marvelous. Music moves me.

Anyway, I had that interview today in Anaheim and it was a no go. The job wasn't part time and I really have to have part time with Christopher with me most of the time. I have another job interview on Tuesday the 25th at 11:00 a.m. if you think about praying! I have no idea if this one fits me either. I just know it's a receptionist/assistant type job. I am really frustrated with the whole job searching task. It's so funny how many times I have been through this on this blog alone. Weird huh?!

Well that is my day and here are my learning and thankfulness for yesterday:

Learning January 20, 2005:

1. Just when you think all has failed, just wait..something else will fail :)

2. My Friend Jason is a blast, I love his humor

3. Life hands you some serious blows and it's scary

4. I love my Jarrid and I miss him

5. I kinda miss Steven, can't wait until Saturday!

Thankfulness January 20, 2005:

I am thankful that Jarrid is ok even though his life has been handed a serious blow. I love him so much and I miss him! Jarrid is one of my best friends in my life and I am so thankful for him. I miss you sweetheart and I love you!

~shalom~

No comments: