Saturday, January 15, 2005

He's back!

Today I heard from a friend who has been out to town for about a week. It was like a breath of fresh air to hear his sweet voice and hear his great wisdom. I love when you have a friend who will tell you everything you need to hear and more. I am desperately in need of someone telling me the truth and letting me know what behaviors in my life need to be corrected and what I need to do about them. Granted, I am going to choose for myself and make my own mistakes but either way, I needed to hear his take on it. Joel is one of the best friends I have ever had and it's so nice to have someone really KNOW me. I should note that if my other friends don't know me..it's my fault that they don't. I don't give anyone the parts of me that I give to Joel. I need to work on this but at the same time, it is good that I am limiting those people who are close to my heart.

Saturday has arrived and it wasn't as good as I expected. This last week I really worked on my weight loss goals for the new year. I will admit that I didn't work out everyday like I really need to but I did eat breakfast every day, took my vitamin, drank a ton of water, and watched my intake of food. Even though I made all of those efforts, it should be self -explanatory my need for exercise when I note that I gained 3 pounds. I am really frustrated with this and completely unhappy with myself. I have to get back on track though and just figure it's water weight or a set-back of some sort. I have to be really disciplined this next week in my life overall. I have to have a job by Friday if I want to survive, have to work out, have to kick this kidney infection, and get myself together spiritually. I am in a tough spot right now and could use all of the prayer that you all have to offer.

Because I really need to get busy on some goals for the day, this is the end of the post. Enjoy my learning experiences and thankfulness for yesterday:

Learning January 14, 2005:

1. I could spend all day talking to someone who really interests me.

2. I really like this meal from lean cuisine that is salmon, rice pilaf, and vegetables all in a basil sauce...yummy and healthy!

3. My adidas running pants make my legs look longer ...woo hooo

4. Sometimes I am happiest just sitting in my room, listening to tunes, and looking at pictures of people I love.

5. I am not nearly as interesting as I think I am to some people. I really want to find someone who likes me for me! That is not happening at the current moment!

Thankful January 14, 2005:

I am thankful for my little sister having MSN messenger so we can talk sometimes. I like that I can see her pop on and talk to her for a few minutes and it is always a fun, good chat. She is such a caring, great person and I am proud to be her big sister. I think everyday how amazing she is and although she isn't perfect, I still love her more every minute. She is a gem and I am so happy to have her. I love my lil sis and am so thankful that God allowed her to be a part of my life! Thank you God and thank you britt-butt!


No comments: