Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Baby-land works for me :)

I am officially kicking butt at selling baby and maternity items. I really love my new job and can you believe this, I'm good at it?! Today was only my 2nd day and I did a baby registry, helped customers out, and rang people up. I feel like I am learning really fast and do a pretty nice job at this! I am really starting to like retail so who knows. Maybe I could advance here! My goal is always to conquer, not just show up!

Things are really good at home. I am still loving the house although I have no idea what's going on this week with the trip being cancelled. I don't know if Chris is going to be around or if he is going to stay with his mom. Either way, I really love Chris and enjoy living there. This morning I realized how nice it is to actually eat real food at a dining room table. I know that sounds strange but when you have been in a dorm for 2 years, it is comforting to be able to cook something, eat it at a table, and wash your dish in a dishwasher. Life is good and I am grateful for the small things!

It's a little difficult right now because I am missing a lot of people. I don't have a lot of time on my hands so a social life is somehwat non-existent. I chose this life for myself so I have noone to blame but me but I miss my friends and family. I don't get a lot of time to hang with my closest buddies nor do I have time this summer to go home. Let's hope that my jobs clear me for Christmas because I have to see my family during the Christmas holiday. I miss some Indiana friends too. I miss Jarrid, my favorite boy back home and Carrie, my best girl-friend back home! They both mean the world to me and I don't get to hang out but just email and phone them. As sad as it is, I don't have a lot of time with my California friends either which totally stinks and I am going through a little lonliness stuff. I am super busy so I hardly notice until it's this time of night and I have to reflect on what my day was like. I find that it is empty without the people I love!

Well, I should stop sobbing and get on with my day so thanks for stopping in and reading today's post. Keep in touch everyone and keep those prayers coming!
~Shalom~

No comments: