Friday, July 02, 2004

A slower and more pleasant day!

Hello again everyone! Today has been a lot slower since I have spent my day working in the library. I am very excited to go home tonight just because I am actually going to a home! I haven't had a home in 2 years. I mean, I was able to spend Christmas and Summer vacations last year with Adolfo's family, whom I love dearly, but it's not the same as having your own space and your own place! All of you who have lived in a dorm or been away from home for an extended amount of time understand my plight. I went today on my lunch break to Target and invested in an office chair for my desk and a bookcase. These are big steps for me in the home making process. I was really excited because I haven't had the ability to buy anything for my space being that it was a dorm and it would pretty much be a waste. That being said, Target officially owns me financially. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Do you walk in Target and feel like you might be a "preferred customer" because I do. I wonder things in my head sometimes like "I bet they are sick of me here and I think I wore this outfit last time!" I am so serious. Target is my drug of choice. I am utterly shocked when I leave the grounds of the hallowed bulls eye with less than a $50.00 receipt in my pocket. These are the things I think about. There are reasons that I have 3 jobs! (laugh)

Things in my life are going beautifully but seriously on the stress uprise. I am trying to take my time and think every day through instead of rushing through weeks in my head and thinking about the upcoming problems that COULD occur. I have this serious flaw in my character of "overthinking" (for lack of a better word) things. I take a situation and I literally kill it, looking at the realm of possiblities that COULD happen. I know it would be wiser to just pray about it, let it happen, and live the moment but NO, I have to literally sort it out into what could happen and the strategies I have ready at that point. What is wrong with me? I am a psych major and more screwed up than any of you! There is something or many things that draw me to the major of psych.

The newest news of my life is that I am going to Colorado in just 13 days. I am going out to see Josh! (friend from Vanguard--see web-page) Josh is from Colorado and lives there during the summer to work and see family and stuff. He is dating my last year roomie and one of my best girl-friends, Heather. She is actually in Colorado now enjoying his company. I am going out there on July 15th and I am so excited I can hardly wait. I have never been to Colorado and I hear it's just beautiful. Also, if you know me at all, you know I am practically obsessed with the story of Columbine. I study it trying to understand the killers psychologically and it has captivated me since it happened. I am actually getting to go there and see Columbine for myself. Yes, I know it's a little morbid but seriously a place I have been wanting to go. I am also looking forward to going to the mountains and getting to spend time with Josh. Josh is one of my best guy friends in the world. He is so fun! I am not getting to go home this summer to Indiana which sucks because I miss my pals and family but I will be heading home for the Christmas Holidays because "home is where the heart is"! Did I seriously just say that? I am really excited to head home at Christmas though because I haven't seen some of my friends for a long time. Looking forward to that!

I should be closing this post for the day but have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July if I don't get to post before then. I am praying for all of you and appreciating your prayers! Take care and Shalom!

No comments: